Howdy folks,

I thought someone was going to lead a trip over fall break, but apparently not? So... I'm considering leading a trip. Does anyone have any preferences? I'm thinking either a multiday trip sea kayaking/canoeing on fontana lake or a multiday backpacking trip in the smokies/linville gorge/somewhere else. Any thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

If we do a backpack in the smokies, maybe start out at fontana dam and hike along the AT passing through rocky top to clingmans dome?

I'd really like to go climb at the red river gorge, but UTOP won't rent out ropes/harnesses/etc., so we would have to supply our own gear. I honestly don't feel comfortable going climbing without other climbers experienced with leading routes and belaying a lead climber, so if you have experience, let me know and maybe we could make this trip a reality...

Links with pictures of the previously mentioned places:

Fontana Lake:
http://frank.mtsu.edu/~yelverto/fontana.html

Linville gorge:
http://www.ncwaterfalls.com/lin1.htm