hey folks,

so for the non-kayakers out there, here is the hike that we're planning on doing on saturday: http://www.jjanthony.com/waterfalls/falls/jacksriverfalls.html

the tentative plan is to get up fairly early saturday morning, do the hike, tube the hiawassee (the same river that the kayakers are running), and then meet everyone back at the campsite later that night.

just for clarification, we are leaving for cleveland at the same time as everyone else and we're staying at the same campsite. the only difference is that we're doing something different on saturday.

we MIGHT not have enough time to do both the hike and tube, but we'll just play it by ear and see what happens.

also, some bad news. to rent the tubes, its going to be around $15. you will need to bring a life-jacket (or for the professionals, PFD), but if you're rafting the ocoee on sunday, then you should already have one.

if you want to do the hike and you had previously signed up to kayak, then that's fine. just let me know sometime.

AND FOR EVERYONE GOING ON THE TRIP:

MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS are HIGHLY encouraged on this trip. whether it be an acoustic guitar, washboard, or even just some pots and pans, it'll do. if you're thinking about bringing it, BRING IT.

cya,

jbizzle
________________________________________________________________________ UTCHC Mailing List Archive: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/utch-l.html UTCHC Web Site: http://web.utk.edu/~canoehik