FSU-SLIS welcomes Rodriguez-Mori to its faculty

Aug. 16, 2011

TALLAHASSEE – The School of Library & Information Studies (SLIS) at The Florida State University is pleased to welcome Dr. Howard Rodriguez-Mori to its faculty as an assistant professor beginning in the fall of 2011.

Rodriguez-Mori is a researcher on the influence of interpersonal, social, ethnic and cultural factors on information-seeking behavior. He has been on the faculty of Simmons College since 2008 and he has served as an adjunct faculty member at FSU, the University of Arizona, the University of Denver and Wayne State University. He is an experienced public librarian (Orlando Public Library, Florida, and the Arapahoe Library District, Colorado) and academic librarian (UA and FSU Libraries) in the areas of diversity, reference and outreach. He serves on the editorial board of Library Quarterly and as a reviewer for the Journal for the Education of Library and Information Science.

Rodriguez-Mori earned his Ph.D. at FSU in 2009 with his dissertation, The Information Behavior of Puerto Rican Migrants to Central Florida, 2003-2009: Grounded Analysis of Six Case Studies Use of Social Networks During the Migration Process. He earned his MLIS at FSU (2001) and holds both a Master’s in Library Science and a Bachelor of Arts in Music and Music Education from Universidad Interamericana de Puerto Rico.

“We are delighted to have Howard back as part of the SLIS-FSU family,” said Dr. Corinne Jörgensen, director of the School of Library & Information Studies. "He will make significant contributions to our diversity efforts within the State of Florida and to the Center for Hispanic Marketing Communication at the School of Communication, one of our sister schools comprising the College of Communication & Information."

Rodriguez-Mori will teach in the SLIS undergraduate and graduate programs in the areas of technical communication and international and comparative information services.

Bob Branciforte, MLIS

Creative Director

College of Communication & Information

The Florida State University

850.644.3391

142 Collegiate Way
PO Box 3062100
Tallahassee, FL 32306-2100

“I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think.” Socrates