Greetings All -

Ron Foresta and I will lead a hike to the Hensley Settlement in the Cumberland Gap National Historical Park on Saturday, October 8, 2011.   This will be a 14-15 mile hike that will include over 2000 feet in elevation gain so it will not be for the faint of feet.  Tentative plans are to go up the mountain via the Chadwell Gap Trail, through the Hensley Settlement, take the Ridge Trail to the Lewis Hollow Trail and end up at the Wilderness Road picnic area.

Eat dust will be at 9:00am Saturday morning from the Wilderness Road Picnic area.

A map of the Park is at http://www.nps.gov/cuga/planyourvisit/maps.htm

A description of the Hensley Settlement is at: http://www.harlancountytrails.com/hensleysettlement.php

Ron and I will be camping on Friday night at the Wilderness Road campground.  All are welcome to come join us.

Please reply directly back to me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you are interested in participating.

Thanks -

Kurt Butefish

These activities are not sanctioned or supported by the Department of Geography or the Tennessee Geographic Alliance.  The user assumes all risks.