Hi all: Greetings! Hope summer has been going well. This is to inform you that as part of the regular rotation of faculty service assignments Dr. Cortez has assigned Dr. Devendra Potnis as the Chair of the SIS Student Affairs Committee for the 2011-2012 academic year. Join me in a warm welcome to Dr. Potnis in leading the Committee to continue strengthening our communication and information exchanges that may lead to positive outcomes and memorable experiences for all of us. Dr. Potnis has been added to the listserv and will be communicating with the student leaders and student communication liaisons via this avenue, in addition to other means.

Drs. Fleming-May, Singh, Welch, and I are other faculty members who are assigned to be on the SIS Student Affairs Committee for the coming year and you can always rely on us for any advice or support we can provide. I have shared with Dr. Potnis my end-of-the-year report for 2010-2011 that highlights where we are regarding planning and management of student affairs and some directions we need to continue work in. Also, as member of the Committee and the SIS faculty I will obviously keep Dr. Potnis informed of ongoing efforts that were made when I was chair of the Committee over the past six years. I have really enjoyed working with you over this time and look forward to continued efforts in this regard.

My best wishes on a wonderful year ahead, Dr. M

#######################################
    Bharat Mehra, PhD
    Associate Professor
    School of Information Sciences