Dear Students,

Welcome to Fall 2011! Since this is my first communication as the Chair of Student Affairs Committee, I would like to convey you that I am delighted to serve the School of Information Sciences and its vibrant student-body during this academic year. I would be interested to hear about your new ideas for the committee and activities you would like to conduct with respective student cohorts. Also, please feel free to contact me for addressing any of your queries or problems related to SIS.

I am excited to share an opportunity for representing our students in the Graduate Student Senate (GSS). The School of Information Sciences requires a Graduate Student Senator to represent the student body in the GSS. Following are important considerations:

1.       The Student Senator will be responsible for attending the on-campus meetings of the GSS approximately every three/four weeks, communicating between SIS's student body and the GSS, and represent the SIS in discussing and helping to secure University funding for SIS student travel.

  1. The Student Senator should be a second-year SIS student.
  2. The Senator will serve for the Fall 2011 and Spring 2012 semester as well.

       For more information on the Graduate Student Senate, please visit their site: http://web.utk.edu/~gss/

Please note that

1.      Students could self-nominate or nominate another second-year student upon prior approval from the student being nominated.

2.      Nominations could be supported with a brief paragraph describing

(a) nominee’s similar experience in the past, if any,

(b) relevant capabilities and skills in representing SIS, if any, and

(c) specific ideas/plans, if any, during his/her tenure as the SIS student representative for GSS.

3.      To keep nominations confidential, please make sure to send your emails with the above optional information to [log in to unmask]

4.      In case of multiple nominations, student communication liaisons may be asked to help with the nominations and election of the Graduate Student Senator.

Let me know if you have any queries.

-Devendra Potnis

Devendra Dilip Potnis, PhD, MPA, MS

Assistant Professor

School of Information Sciences, University of Tennessee

Suite 442 Communications Bldg., 1345 Circle Park

Knoxville, TN - 37996

https://www.sis.utk.edu/users/devendra-potnis