FYI

From: Allyson Carlyle [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 4:36 PM
To: Andrea Poehling ([log in to unmask]); Ann O'Neill; Carolyn Delton ([log in to unmask]); Corinne Jorgensen ([log in to unmask]); Debora Shaw ([log in to unmask]); Denice Adkins ([log in to unmask]); Diane Barlow ([log in to unmask]); Dietmar Wolfram ([log in to unmask]); Cortez, Ed; Eileen Abels ([log in to unmask]); Jane Greenberg; Jennifer Andrews ([log in to unmask]); Kay Mathiesen ([log in to unmask]); Laurie Bonnici; Linda C. Smith; Ling Huey Jeng ([log in to unmask]); Lois Mai Chan; Loriene Roy ([log in to unmask]); Marie Radford; Mary Kay Biagini; Mary Westermann-Cicio ([log in to unmask]); Michelle Mallette; Rae Montague ([log in to unmask]); Renee Franklin ([log in to unmask]); Sandra Hirsh ([log in to unmask]); Shawne Miksa; Stephanie Teasley ([log in to unmask]); Susan Abler; Tonyia Tidline; [log in to unmask]
Cc: Allyson Carlyle; [log in to unmask]
Subject: ALA Leaders Wanted request for information from your LIS doctoral students

Greetings everyone,

Would you please forward this email to all of your doctoral students. As I stated in a previous email, we are trying to collect data about the impact of the Leaders Wanted program for IMLS for any year since its inception.

Thank you very much for your help!

Allyson Carlyle, Associate Professor, iSchool, University of Washington

Greetings LIS doctoral student,

If you attended an event at the American Library Association’s Annual Conference called Leaders Wanted, a minority doctoral student recruitment event, then please read further.

We are seeking information about the impact of the Leaders Wanted event. If you would take a minute or two to answer the following questions and return them to me, I and IMLS would be extremely grateful. It is very important for IMLS to have data regarding the success of the 21st Century Librarian program, and since this event has been sponsored in part by the IMLS, we would like to know what the impact has been.

·         Did your attendance at Leaders Wanted influence your decision to apply to PhD programs?

·         Did your attendance at Leaders Wanted influence your selection of PhD programs to apply to?

·         Did your attendance at Leaders Wanted influence your decision to enroll in a specific PhD program?

·         Please write any other comments about how Leaders Wanted influenced you that you would be willing to share.

Thank you so much for your time.

Allyson Carlyle