(Please share with your students and forward to a friend.)

Call for Submissions

The Student Research Journal (SRJ) Editorial Team at San Jose State University School of Library and Information Science invites submissions from current graduate students from all disciplines and institutions for the Fall 2011 issue.

This is a wonderful opportunity for graduate students, especially LIS students, to showcase their work in the fields of library and information science, archives and records management, and museum studies. Submissions to be considered for publication can be an original research paper or a critical review or essay covering topics in information science theory, policy, application, or practice.

Authors may create an account from the SRJ site and upload their work directly into our review system. All submissions received will be acknowledged by the journal Editor-in-Chief. The deadline for submissions to be considered for the Fall issue is September 16, 2011.

On behalf of the SRJ Editorial Team, I welcome graduate students to participate in this exciting strategic initiative of the School of Library and Information Science at San Jose State University, and to collaboratively build an evidence-based publication representing the breadth of knowledge and innovation of our LIS community.

Maria Otero-Boisvert, PhD Student

Editor-in-Chief, Student Research Journal

San Jose State University

For more information about the SLIS Student Research Journal, visit:  http://scholarworks.sjsu.edu/slissrj/

For more information about the School of Library and Information Science at San Jose State University, visit:  http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/

SRJ - pronounced “surge,” is an open access, peer-reviewed publication hosted at San Jose State University’s institutional repository ScholarWorks, which is part of the Digital Commons initiative powered by Berkeley Electronic Press. The journal will receive submissions on a rolling basis, and publish two issues annually, one each in Spring and Fall.