Howdy fellow canoers and hikers,

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone have an interest in heading to the smokies to do an overnighter from Saturday to Sunday. I'm thinkin about starting from Newfound Gap, spending the night at Peck's Corner shelter, and either hiking back to Newfound gap or hiking down to Smokemount and then hitching a ride back (or shuttling back if theres another car). Here's a link to the hike: http://home.earthlink.net/~tnhiker/lifeafter50onemansperspective/id170.html It's about 10 miles each day. I'm also open to other options.

There's also been talk of going to the obed and climbing and possibly camping.

If you're interested in either of these, let me know soon so I can get reservations for the smokies. (not quite sure if they even have spaces open!)

John Bills