Please do not reply to this message. Thank You. To view the archives or join/leave TMG list: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/tmg.html

Beth Babbit

Begin forwarded message:

From: Tennessee Urban Forestry Council <[log in to unmask]>
Date: July 20, 2011 11:00:32 AM EDT
To: Beth <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Conference schedule

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser. Forward this email to a friend. SUBSCRIBE

Registration Information • 2011 Urban Forestry Conference • September 29-30 • Ellington Agricultural Center, Nashville

20th annual

Urban Forestry Conference

September 29–30

Ellington Agricultural Center, Nashville

13th annual

Tree Climbing Championship

October 1

Ellington Agricultural Center, Nashville
INFO

Full schedule

Conference Cost
$120 before Sept. 2
$130 before Sept. 22
SAVE $15 with
TUFC membership

Urban Forestry /
Arboriculture
Workshops $75
Afternoon Tour $25

Hotel/Reservations
Baymont Inn, $69/night
615/376-4666
111 Penn Warren Dr.
Map | Reservations Deadline: Sept. 7

Tree Climb
Registration
Events | Map

ISA Exam
Info

Workshops
Lightning Protection Installation Demo Info
Pests, Physiology, and Soil Info

Afternoon Field Trips
Urban Forest Bus Tour Info

Tree Board Breakfast
Info

Sponsors

Click here to be a sponsor

TRADE SHOW VENDORS

Belgard Environmental

National Tree Preservation

conference logoconference snapshot

Learn trees from roots to crown

This conference brings together a team of experts for presentations, panel discussions, displays and demonstrations about urban trees from roots to crown. Planners and managers, tree boards and nonprofits, foresters and field crews—everyone involved with growing and managing trees will take home new insights to help you do your job. Click here to register

  • Learn to put tree science to use
  • See what cities are up to: Green roofs, tree inventory, canopy cover, and more
  • Learn how to diagnose problems, identify trees, and spot the top pests and diseases
  • Take part in hands-on activities: workshops, demonstrations, and urban forestry tour.
Register Now

Affordable pricing puts the conference within the reach of any budget. If you only go to one urban forestry event this year, this is the one to attend.

KEYNOTE SPEAKER

Jim Zwack

Jim Zwack

Director of Technical Services
The Davey Institute

The Science within Arboriculture: Leveraging tree knowledge to build
relationships with clients and constituents

Science plays a significant role in the making of a good commercial, utility, or municipal arborist. It is a fundamental filter through which we diagnose problems and relate to trees in the environment. Scientific principles may let us down, however, when dealing with tree owners and decision makers who may not be science-based but hold the keys to our industry’s economic engine. Using a variety of examples both in and outside of our industry, I will discuss some ways to leverage our knowledge for greater effectiveness with any type of client or constituent.

PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS

See full schedule

Featured Speakers

  • Landscape architect Skip Heibert on design considerations for trees
  • Dr. Douglas Airhart on tree identification and resources online

Concurrent Workshops

Urban Forestry Track

  • Tuff Trees for the Urban Landscape
  • Knoxville’s Tree Inventory, Risk Assessment, and Management Plan
  • Lakeland's Canopy Cover Project

Pesticide Track

  • Top Insects and Diseases in 2011
  • Safety Procedures
  • Why My Tree Went Bad: The Plant Diagnosis Process

Education Opportunities

  • Take the ISA Exam Thursday
  • CEU points available for Pesticide and ISA. Landscape Architects, Master Gardeners and Certified Nursery Professionals may apply for points.

TUFC's 20th Birthday Celebration

  • Opening reception celebrating TUFC's 20th anniversary in the Tennessee Agricultural Museum

Preconference Workshops

  • Lightning Protection Installation Demonstration
  • Pests, Physiology, and Soil

Urban Forestry Tour

  • Highlighting tree planting and conservation, green roofs, a Frisbee park, and the Riverbend Nursery tree production

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Did your email address change? Visit http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/tmg.html Remove your old email and add your new email address to continue receiving timely updates. Have you visited the Master Gardener Store? https://web.dii.utk.edu/agstore/c-49-master-gardener.aspx Check out the super comfortable Gardener's Kneeling Pads! To view the archives or join/leave TMG list: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/tmg.html