We are saddened to report the death of Marco Fonseca, Georgia  Master Gardener State Coordinator. I know that many of you know him as your former coordinator if you transferred from Georgia as well as participant in many Southern Region Master Gardener activities. Marco was a great help to me as I was learning the ropes of the state coordinator position here in Tennessee.

Apparently he had been I'll since Christmas, I was lucky to spend so time with him at our last state coordinators meeting in California, he was helping advise me on printing new TMG Handbook. Marco will be missed.

This link a nice tribute:http://www.caes.uga.edu/intranet/profiles/marcoFonseca.html

In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to fund a student scholarship in his honor. Donations can be made to "The UGA Foundation" for Marco T. Fonseca Scholarship Fund, UGA Griffin Campus Business Office, 1109 Experiment Street, Griffin GA 30223.

Cards and letters of condolence should be sent to Mrs. Terry Fonseca, 827 Maple Drive, Griffin, Ga., 30224.

Beth Babbit