Dear colleagues,

1. ISI.exe for the organization of downloads into the structure of relational database management;

2. Instcoll.exe for the network analysis at the institutional level;

3. Intcoll.exe for the network analysis at the country level;

2. Cities1.exe for the (Google) mapping of cities and networks (Leydesdorff & Persson, JASIST, 2010);

3. Inst1.exe for the similar mapping at the institutional level.

The latter two programs can also used for the mapping of excellence at the city or institutional level:

http://www.leydesdorff.net/topcity (Bornmann & Leydesdorff (JASIST, 2011) and http://www.leydesdorff.net/mapping_excellence (Bornmann et al., JoI, 2011).

The programs have been recompiled using Win32 software instead of the 16-bit Dos. Thus, one can run them under a 64-bits operating system. If you run the program from the C-prompt it either finishes or provides an informative error message.

The fields containing information other than addresses were not changed. I therefore do not intend to recompile the other programs, but one should be aware that there can be incompatibilities between downloads in v4 or v5 in the address information.

With best wishes,

Loet

Loet Leydesdorff

Professor, University of Amsterdam
Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam.
Tel. +31-20-525 6598; fax: +31-842239111

[log in to unmask] ; http://www.leydesdorff.net/
Visiting Professor, ISTIC, Beijing; Honorary Fellow, SPRU, University of Sussex