Career Opportunities in Libraries and Other Information Professions

WHAT: Virtual Open House: Career Opportunities in Libraries and Other Information Professions

WHO:    Dr. Don A. Wicks, Associate Professor and Interim Director, School of Library and Information Science, Kent State University

WHEN:  Wednesday, July 20, at noon

WHERE: Your computer. E-mail [log in to unmask], and you'll receive a reply with the link to view the presentation and ask questions in real time.

We are inundated with information every day. Someone needs to know how to sort out what's relevant, important and accurate - and how to organize and present it in a way that makes sense. That's where the "information professional" come in.

Information professionals are in demand in every sector of our society - from local schools and public libraries to government offices and major corporations, online and in person.

What is the career outlook for librarians and other information professionals? What kinds of jobs are available, and where do you find them? What kind of education does it take to succeed in this field?

Join us for an online open house to find out. You'll be able to view the presentation from the comfort of your office or home computer, and ask questions in real time.