A related question to all :

Is there a way to know how many national dissertations are completed
in LIS on an annual basis ?  Other than checking Proquest
Dissertations & Abstracts by school etc ? and by specializations also?
  This question may have been asked previously, just wondering about
this in terms of ALISE -is this something that is also maintained
somewhere still?

I know that Arthur Young used to maintain a bibliography of
dissertations & theses
The last edition I have is from 1988  the 3rd revised edition:  there
may be others more recent-?

American Library History: A Bibliography of Dissertations & Theses
Arthur P. Young  ISBN 0810821389
"This third revised edition is based on Michael H. Harris' A Guide to
Research in American Library History (Scarecrow, 1968; 2d edition,
1974)

Thank you,
Karen

On 7/11/11, Toni Carbo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> These are all posted on the ALISE Website back to 1996 when the award was
> first granted.  Yes, only the latest years are on the main Webpage, but past
> winners of awards are on the website under the specific awards.
>
> Here is the URL:  http://www.alise.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=55538
>
> Toni Carbo
>

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 4:20 PM, Chris D'Arpa <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> An: Have you contacted the ALA Archives at the University of Illinois?
>> ALISE is an affiliated organization within the ALA Archives. Link:
>>
>> http://www.library.illinois.edu/archives/ala/holdings/index.php?p=core%2Fsearch&q=alise&content=1
>> (click on Records and manuscripts link for more info)
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Ann Oneill <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> > I need some help from other librarians. I'm trying to find or compile a
>> list
>> > of the ALISE Garfield Dissertation award winners. ALISE only has the
>> > last
>> > 2-3 years on their website. I've searched JESSE archives with little
>> > success. I also remember seeing a message on JESSE a number of years ago
>> > with a fairly comprehensive list at that time.
>> >
>> > So, if someone knows if/where there is such a list, I'd appreciate that.
>> If
>> > you won an award (or know someone who did), please send me their
>> information
>> > (Name, dissertation title, school, and year).
>> >
>> > Why do I want this? I often refer my doctoral students to many of the
>> > dissertations I read while on the committee. Having this list would be
>> very
>> > helpful instead of "The lady from UCLS who did hers on film
>> preservation."
>> > (Karen Gracy).
>> >
>> > Thanks so much.
>> >
>> > Ann
>> >
>> > Ann L. O'Neill, Professor
>> > School of Library and Information Management
>> > Emporia State University
>> > Box 4025
>> > 1200 Commercial St.
>> > Emporia, KS 66801-5087
>> > Phone: 620-341-5320
>> > Fax: 620-341-5233
>> > Email: [log in to unmask]
>> >

>> --
>> Chris D'Arpa
>> Doctoral student | Information in Society Fellow
>> Graduate School of Library and Information Science
>> University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Karen Weaver, MLS
Electronic Resources Statistician
Collection Management
Duquesne University, Gumberg Library
Pittsburgh PA email: [log in to unmask]
Gmail: [log in to unmask]
Twitter: @ka_weaver

Member, ALA COSWL Committee on the Status of Women in Librarianship
Follow us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ALA-Committee-on-the-Status-of-Women-in-Librarianship-COSWL/164770476903286
and on Twitter :   @ALA_COSWL