I agree with Chad. First check your bluetooth driver, second, go with
the Wasp.  We have 4 of the Wasp WWS500 bt scanners that we use for
shelf reading and inventory.  We're a Millennium library running the
Circa inventory product.  The Wasp works very well in the field, and the
black and yellow case makes it easy to find on my cluttered desk.  :-)
You can buy direct from Wasp for $350 but  Amazon and Tiger Direct have
'em for $299 and change..  It comes with a bluetooth USB adapter in case
you have an old computer that is not bluetooth ready.

David

--
David Robinson -- Systems Librarian
James E. Walker Library