Don't miss this professional development opportunity for teachers in grades 4-
12 - sign up today!  All materials provided at no charge.

Who: Upper elementary, middle, and high school social studies teachers

What:  We will highlight two curriculums, Project Citizen and Citizen and the
Constitution, which come with all materials you will need to implement into use
in your next class.  Daily breakouts, lectures, and discussion groups  -- learn
from fellow teachers, UT faculty, constitutional scholars, public servants, and
others as we explore how our government works.  Enjoy that back-to-student
feeling and be stimulated by interesting, rich, and sometimes challenging
content.  Discussion groups led by experienced mentor-teachers.

When: Wednesday - Friday, July 20-22, 2011 – 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. – 19.5 contact
hours

Where: Howard H. Baker Jr. Center for Public Policy at the University of
Tennessee Knoxville, 1640 Cumberland Ave.  www.bakercenter.utk.edu
Includes:
•	Breaks and lunch each day
	Free classroom set of textbooks
	Professional Development Units
	Lesson plans, teaching strategies, and more
	3 day parking pass

Cost:  Free!  Certificate of completion provided

Limited to 25 teachers -  Deadline to Register is Tuesday, July12, 2011
Instructors:   Janis Kyser, Barbara Ector, TCCLE, plus, selected faculty and
area professionals.

Sponsored by:  The Tennessee Center for Civic Learning, Howard Baker Center
for Public Policy and The Center for Civic Education.
TO REGISTER, visit www.bakercenter.utk.edu and look for the announcement
on the far right column  OR  email to [log in to unmask] OR fax to 865-974-8777