Sent to the UW iSchool community on Friday. We will miss him very much.

Allyson

Allyson Carlyle, Associate Professor

Information School, University of Washington

Dear friends

It is my very sad duty to share with you the tragic news that our beloved friend and colleague, Efthimis Efthimiadis passed away on Wednesday evening. As you all know, he has been battling a cruel illness with great courage; never losing his sense of optimism and fun. Efthi’s wife Jagoda contacted me this morning to share this sad news. I was able to convey the sympathies of our entire community to her. She let me know that she is working on arrangements for a memorial service tentatively scheduled for Saturday, May 7th. I will convey to you the details of this service when they are available. I know that all your thoughts and prayers will be directed to Jagoda and Nicholas.

When I came to Seattle twelve years ago, the first invitation that my family received was to a dinner at Efthi’s house. He was a warm, loving, cheerful soul. We will miss him greatly.

Harry

Harry Bruce

Dean and Professor

The Information School