We've launched a new RUSA online course: "Introduction to Spatial
Literacy and Online Mapping"

WHEN: The three-week course begins Monday, May 16. Online registration
is available until Thursday, May 13. There are no scheduled meeting
times-students login to Moodle, listen to podcast lectures and complete
assignments throughout the week.

COURSE DESCRIPTION: Through podcasts and hands-on assignments,
participants will explore uses for geographic information systems (GIS)
technology within organizations and also its social uses beyond simple
cartography. The course also covers the how-to of online mapping tools
such as Google Earth, ArcExplorer, Scribble Maps and Google Maps.

WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE: The course content is especially relevant
for public or reference librarians who want to organize information in a
visual or geographic way to benefit the work of the library, to make
information available to the community, or any number of needs.

SIGN ME UP! Register online now.
<http://www.ala.org/Template.cfm?Section=oloc&Template=/Conference/Confe
renceList.cfm&ConferenceTypeCode=L>

Registration fees are as follows: $130 for RUSA members; $175 for ALA
members; $210 for non-ALA members; $100 for student members and retired
members

GET MORE INFORMATION: Check out the RUSA Online Course information page
<http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/rusa/development/onlinece.cfm>  to
learn more about group discounts and our other online courses.

JOIN RUSA NOW and save on all of our online courses:
http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/rusa/join/index.cfm

Please share information about this new, exciting course with any
colleagues or distribution lists that may find it of interest!

Liz F. Markel, M.A.

Marketing & Programs Manager

Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies (ASCLA)

Reference and User Services Association (RUSA)

The American Library Association // 50 E. Huron Street // Chicago, IL
60611

800-545-2433 // p. 312-280-4398 // f. 312-280-5273 // e. [log in to unmask]

Find our divisions online at    www.ala.org/rusa    &
www.ala.org/ascla