Karen Snow has been appointed assistant professor in the Graduate School of Library and Information Science (GSLIS) at Dominican University in River Forest, IL.  In making the appointment, GSLIS dean Susan Roman stated, “Karen Snow will bring her organization of knowledge expertise to educate our students to be 21st Century leaders in the profession.  We look forward to her joining the faculty.”

Snow currently serves as a teaching fellow at the University of North Texas, College of Information, where she is a doctoral candidate.  She earned her master’s degree in library and information science at the University of North Texas and her bachelor’s degree in philosophy from Trinity University, San Antonio, TX.

"I am excited to join the GSLIS faculty at Dominican University, which has an excellent reputation for educating future leaders in the library and information sciences. I look forward to contributing my knowledge of information organization and working with fellow Dominican faculty and staff to educate and inspire new generations of information professionals."

Accredited by the American Library Association (ALA), Dominican University’s GSLIS has been educating future library leaders and information professionals since 1930. The school offers a master’s degree in library and information science as well as a doctor of philosophy in library and information science.