Here at UNCG we're getting a group together to give blood this coming
Monday. Five of us will donate (two are  Os and one of them is Oneg
which is great!) then and others are setting up their own
appointments. Faculty, students, and alumni are all participating and
designating our donations to go to Tuscaloosa. Since I faint at the
sight of blood hopefully keeping my eyes closed will work :-) A little
needle jab is nothing compared to the devastation there in Tuscaloosa.
When I sent the request out on our departmental listserv it was picked
up by the secretary in the Special Ed department so she passed it on
to her folks. Hopefully this will continue to grow. It's not that much
it's something we are happy to do.

Julie Hersberger

On Wednesday, May 4, 2011, Muriel Wells <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> The outpouring of offers of assistance have been too numerous to count.  However, there remains one life-saving way that many may help.
>
> Alabama has a critical need for blood and blood platelets. Please donate if you are able and ask others to do so as well.
>
> Muriel K. Wells, MLIS,  UA SLIS '08
> PhD Student
> College of Communication and Information Sciences
> University of Alabama

Julia Hersberger
Associate Professor
Department of Library and Information Studies
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
1109 Spring Garden St.
Greensboro, NC 27412
voice: 336.334.3482
email: [log in to unmask]