The topic of this press release, issued in an English version today,
24 May, should, I assume, be relevant to the interests of many
library educators, certainly in these times. ( The original version
appeared last Wednesday ;  I sent a brief note to this list concerning
it, but my note was, for reasons quite opaque to me, not posted.* ) :

http://www.dfg.de/en/service/press/press_releases/2011/press_release_no_20/index.html

* For those who may want to read the original, it's at
http://www.dfg.de/service/presse/pressemitteilungen/2011/pressemitteilung_nr_20/index.html
The "Overview of projects approved in 2010-11" linked at the
the end of the press release, at any rate, is only in German -- and
quite worth a look, I'd say.

- Laval Hunsucker
  Breukelen, Nederland