Since my colleagues have not weighed in yet, I will.  We have two Ph.D.
programs.  The Ph.D./LIS program is a traditional on-site program in
which students do research in any area of study within LIS.  The
Ph.D./MLIP (Managerial Leadership in the Information Professions
"emphasizes leadership competency development and original research in a
non-residential program." (Simmons website)  The MLIP program evolved
from the DA program which had management as its emphasis, but the DA
program itself is no more.

Melanie Kimball

Melanie A. Kimball, Assistant Professor
Simmons College