From: Unsworth, John M <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Herbert Goldhor
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 3:39 PM

It is with considerable sadness that I write to report that Dr. Herbert Goldhor, former director of the Graduate School of Library Science at Illinois, former director of the Library Research Center, and professor emeritus of library and information science at the University of Illinois, passed away on Tuesday, March 29, at his home in Seattle, Washington. He was 94 years old. A memorial service will be held in Seattle for family and close friends later this spring.   A fuller obituary is on the GSLIS web site, at:

http://bit.ly/g6sbW9

I had an enjoyable visit with Herb on his 94th birthday: his spirits were good and his wits were sharp right up to the end.

John Unsworth