OK, folks. Quite apart from this nice little bilateral discussion
that has now arisen, . . .

The simple fact remains that the product in question has met
with an exceptionally meager reception. And that this means
that all of that fantastic content on which so many colleagues
have expended such effort not merely is "not freely available"
-- it is hardly accessible at all to probably the vast majority
of those fellow professionals in the world who could -- and
should be able to -- directly benefit from its use. Or to those
who ( like me ) would in any event very much like at least to
be in a position to consult the resource from time to time. Or
to most students or, say, interdisciplinary researchers.  Not to
mention its (non)accessibility to an interested, or potentially
interested, general public.

Shouldn't this by itself give pause, and occasion for reflection,
to all concerned -- not least of all to those who have actually
participated in bringing the project to fruition ?

That's the real issue, no ?  Was the chosen approach indeed
the best one ? A right one ?  Why has such a large portion
of the projected, and potential, market not been convinced ?
And what can be done to right the matter -- beyond pathetic
appeals to reconsider and finally shell out that three grand,
aimed at the hardcore LIS education sector ?  Are there
perhaps broader implications here for questions of scholarly
communication, professional development, and progress in
our field ? For the health, or even survival, of our field ?

Silly questions ?  Anyway, enough questions.

And answers ?

- Laval Hunsucker
  Breukelen, Nederland