From: UT Canoe and Hiking Club Discussion Group on behalf of Bosley, Isaac
Sent: Thu 3/24/2011 3:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Pigeon Mountain Details

UPDATE:  If you are going on this trip please email me and tell me when you are available to leave Knoxville.

Please see the attached roster and also the forwarded message below for directions

I would like to leave Knoxville early in the day on Friday if we could.  No one at meeting was willing to do this.  If you would like to depart Knoxville around or before 2-3pm tomorrow please give me a call at 615-519-0853 If no one is willing to go Friday then we can all leave as one big group Saturday morning, but we would have to depart at around 7am in order to make room for all the stuff I want to do.

Itinerary:

                The only thing I scheduled was to be in PettyJohn’s cave at 10am Saturday.  The rest is up in the air.

If you want to climb, rappel, whatever: please pick the gear up yourself and we will do it.  I don’t know enough about climbing to take people myself.  But Rocktown is one heck of a playground and I would like to climb there.  No matter what we will not be bored, this is an awesome trip, but the more the merrier.

What to bring:

·         Plenty of food

·         Plenty of water (primitive site with no water/bathrooms)

·         Sleeping bag

·         Sleeping pad

·         Tent (we only need about two big ones)

·         Headlamp

·         Flashlight

·         Backup flashlight

·         Backup backup flashlight

·         Spare batteries

·         Knee pads and gloves if available

·         Clothes you don’t mind getting covered in bat sh!t

·         Toiletries

·         Camera to capture precious memories

I recommend buying groceries at the Wal-mart in LaFayette on the way in (less taxes and cheaper stuff).  I will have a cooler but space is limited so if you have one please bring it.

Again, please contact me if you are available to leave tomorrow afternoon.   If you cannot leave then you need to make arrangements to leave late that day or Saturday morning.

Once everyone emails me back who is going, I can work with them to fill the cars up.

Thanks ya’ll and I’m looking forward to it!

Isaac