Hey guys,

Here's some events that UTOP is offering up. I thought some of you might be interested. Check it out!

-Logan

________________________________

From: UT Outdoor Program on behalf of Darnell, Benjamin James
Sent: Tue 3/22/2011 6:42 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Upcoming Outdoor Events

Check out UTOP's upcoming trips, clinics and events.

We are located on the bottom floor of TRECS, in the hallway just behind the stairs.

We are open M-F from 1-6 PM for trip sign-ups, bike shop repair, trip planning and gear rental.

The climbing wall, located in the HPER building rm. 202 B, is open M-Thur. from 3-9 PM and F from 3-7 PM.

You can contact us at 865-974-9749 or check out our website for more information  http://recsports.utk.edu/Programs/Outdoor%20Rec/index.php

SPRING TRIPS

TRIP

SPACES AVAILABLE

COST

Creek Boat Clinic

Sun. March 27

2

$15

Chattanooga Rock Climbing

Sun. March 27

3

$10 + WCU Comp registration fee

Wildflower Hike

Tues. Feb. 15   7-9 PM

9

FREE

Ocoee River Rafting

Sun. April 17

4

$15

Linville Multi-pitch Climbing

Thur.-Sat. April 21-23

3

$75 (all inclusive)

UPCOMING EVENTS & CLINICS

TRIP

SPACES AVAILABLE

COST

Evolv Climbing Shoe Demo @ the Vol Wall

Wed. March 23   4-8 PM

UNLIMITED

FREE

Climbing Skills Clinics @ the Vol Wall

Every Thursday March 24- April 14   6-8 PM

8

FREE

Weekly Road Bike Rides

Every Friday March 25-April 29   3:30-6 PM

10

Meet at Outdoor Center

FREE

Banff Film Fest*

Mon. March 28   7 PM

* Banff on Monday March 28th at the Bijou Theatre in downtown Knoxville

all proceeds from the show go to support Friends of the Smokies in their endeavor to "assist the National Park Service in its mission to preserve and protect the Great Smoky Mountains National Park by raising funds and public awareness, and

providing volunteers for needed projects"

-          Get your tickets in either store or online at the Bijou.  $13 in advance and $15 at the door. Available at Blue Ridge Stores in Bearden <http://www.brms.com/site/our-shops/kingston-pike-shopping-center/>  and Farragut <http://www.brms.com/site/our-shops/kingston-pike-shopping-center/>  and the Bijou Theatre <https://ev8.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS:TU:BT11:B032811:&linkID=tixunlimited&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=&RSRC=TU&RDAT=TU>  Box Office

MINI-TERM TRIPS

TRIP

SPACES AVAILABLE

COST

Whitewater Canoeing on the San Juan

May 11-26

6

$550 (includes equip., food, lodging and transportation)

Utah Canyoneering

May 11-27

7

$650 (includes equip., food, lodging and transportation)