The University of Tennessee School of Information Sciences is proud to be a part of the Tennessee Library Association conference in 2011!  Please join us at two events sponsored by UT SIS…

1.       The Alumni & Friends Reception welcomes all alumni, students, prospective students and friends to join us for  fun and food.  We hope to see you on Thursday, March 24 from 5:00 - 6:00 pm in the Broadlands B room of the Embassy Suites Murfreesboro Hotel and Conference Center.  It’s a great time to network,  meet and greet, and enjoy some refreshments.

2.       Join us in celebrating the work of our SIS students at the annual SIS Student Research Forum on Thursday, March 24, from 1-2 PM in Broadlands A. Each year SIS faculty select three students whose work provides insights that are useful to libraries and librarians. This year’s presenters are:

·      Jennifer Randles, masters student,  "Collaboration Across Communities: Digitizing Civil Rights Era Black Radio Recordings"

·      Sara McNamee, masters student,  "Geospatial Data Accessibility in Web 2.0 Environments"

·      Monica Colon-Aguirre, doctoral candidate,  "How do communication students use Wikipedia? A qualitative study"

A special note to our SIS family including alumni:  We have great enthusiasm for the work of everyone who is a part of the SIS family and we are always so proud to see many of our alumni making contributions to the profession as reflected in their presentations at the TLA conference.  Congratulations to all our alumni and faculty who are contributing to the great program put together by TLA!

Questions or comments?  Contact me at [log in to unmask]

Suzie Allard, Ph.D.

Associate Professor & Assistant Director

University of Tennessee

College of Communication & Information

School of Information Sciences

453 Communication Building