Just a friendly reminder about today's Junior Colloquium:

SPEAKER: Prof. Tim Schulze
TITLE: "The Mathematics of Poker and Bluffing"
ABSTRACT: In this talk we take a look at the game of poker. We quickly
find that a complete analysis is not practical. Multiple players, multiple
rounds of betting, multiple raises, and variable bet sizes combine to make
the game intractable. We are able to make progress, however, if we
restrict our attention to heads-up play with some simplified betting
rules.  We expand upon this basic situation to include some elements of
the popular game of Texas Hold 'Em. One focus will be identifying the sets
of hands we should bluff with.

Join us for pizza at 3:15.

Conrad Plaut
Professor, Director of UT Math Honors