We will be presenting this panel at the iSchool at Syracuse on Wednesday, 3/9:
Impact beyond Publications and Citation Counts:  Non-Traditional Scholarship through Community Building and Social Media
2:00 pm EST Wednesday, March 9, 2011 (Hinds Hall Room 347)

Presenters: Mike D'Eredita and Scott Nicholson of the iSchool along with Ines Mergel from Public Administration. Please join us for a discussion about the changing nature of scholarship, and ways to measure scholarly impact.  At this session, the presenters will share their thoughts about forms of non-traditional scholarship, building community, social media, and ways to think about measures of influence.

As an experiment, I will be streaming this panel via Ustream at
http://tinyurl.com/scottstream
 and there will be a Twitter chat, hosted by Jill-Hurst Wahl, during the event using hash tag
#SUimpbb11 .
 You can watch the panel on the public live stream and join in the Twitter backchannel discussion (which will be projected in the room).

Scott Nicholson