For anyone who missed Malcolm Gladwell's excellent article in the New Yorker a month or so ago about the problems inherent in the USNWR college rankings, he does a great job of explaining how the rankings are done and why the rankings may not reflect the quality of students' education.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/02/14/110214fa_fact_gladwell

Marcia Mardis
Assistant Professor @ #14

>>> jESSE:http://web.utk.edu/~gwhitney/jesse.html