World Digital Library by topic browse / by institution etc
hosted by the Library of Congress  - may be of related interest -?  Best, KarenW

http://www.wdl.org/en/browse/topic.html

On 2/28/11, Sue Myburgh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Dear colleagues
>
> An excellent suggestion was made by one of the readers of the digital
> collaboration blog
> (digitalcollaboration.wordpress.com<http://www.digitalcollaboration.wordpress.com>
> ): that we develop a global directory of the subject/disciplinary groups
> that are involved with digitisation, so that we can progress the notion (and
> work!) of collaboration.  The Australian Access Federation enables
> collaboration internationally, as well as between disciplinary groups - it
> sounds ideal. Internet2 calls global subject/disciplinary groups 'external'
> (http://www.internet2.edu/comanage).  The NREN (National Research and
> Education Network - there is one in most countries) can provide a federated
> log in to the groups' members' space, where a number of 'common services'
> can be integrated.  If we can provide a directory, we can make use of this
> facility, which, because it is so safe and secure, may be just the place to
> launch international cross-disciplinary exercises and projects.
>
> To this end, I have built a new wall for comments.  If you visit this
> website -  http://www.wallwisher.com/wall/globaldirectory - you you will
> find that you can add a virtual 'post-it' note which expresses your point of
> and consider - and comment on - each other's proposals.
>
> I look forward to working with you on establishing such a directory.
>
> All the best
>
> Sue
>
> Dr Susan Myburgh
> School of Communication
> University of South Australia
> St Bernard's Road
> Magill SA 5076
> ADELAIDE

Karen Weaver, MLS, Electronic Resources Statistician, Duquesne
University, Gumberg Library , Pittsburgh PA email: [log in to unmask] /
Gmail: [log in to unmask]