Dear Alumni and Friends of SIS:

The School of Information Sciences faculty, staff and students and the SIS Advisory Board cordially invite all alumni and their families to come to the SIS Annual Spring Picnic.

The picnic is a spring tradition that celebrates students completing comps as well as the fellowship of our SIS community.  The picnic will be held Suzie Allard’s home on Friday (comps day not April Fools Day!), April 1  from 2-5pm.  This year is special since the picnic will strengthen ties between SIS students and our alumni networks and it will also be the inauguration of the new SIS Alumni Society.

Keeping with tradition, students will bring potluck dishes of their choice to be shared by all, and SIS  will provide a barbecue main dish, salad, and dessert as well as all picnic ware. Students’ help will be needed with set-up/clean-up.

New for this year, we will have a door prize drawing and the sole requirement for you to be considered for this is to come for the event! So make sure to join us in the celebrating of the Annual Spring Picnic.

In addition, a silent auction will be held for all to participate.  All proceeds will go to the SIS student scholarship and advancement fund. Let Bharat Mehra know about any items you are brining to donate for the silent auction.

If you have any other suggestions, please let us know. Please share this event with fellow alumni to help make it a fabulous success!

Ed Cortez

Director and Professor

The University of Tennessee

School of Information Sciences