The following message is sent out on behalf of Pat Powell.  Ed Cortez

Hello Fellow SIS Alumni:

As the 2008 recipient of the SIS Distinguished Alumni Award, I am honored to make this year’s call for nominations for the 2011 award.  This is an extremely prestigious award which honors an alumnus or alumna who graduated from SIS at least ten years previously and who demonstrates a meritorious career based on service, teaching, and/or scholarship.

For me, personally, receiving this award in 2008 was extremely special because it did more than validate the quality of knowledge and skills that I gained from the program.  It also showed me that people at SIS valued the ways in which I was able to implement those skills I gained and supported and commended me for doing so.  This annual award substantiated this, demonstrating that SIS not only cares about its students, but it cares about its alumni’s successes and accomplishments after graduation as well.

Nominations are due April 13, 2011.  Please think about all the great alumni with whom you are associated and send in a nomination by that date.  For the nomination submission requirements and the selection process please go to http://www.sis.utk.edu/alumni-award-nominations.  You can also obtain more information about this award at http://www.sis.utk.edu/alumni/distinguishedalumni

Pat Powell

Information International Associates, Inc.

Ed Cortez

Director and Professor

The University of Tennessee

School of Information Sciences