In the LA Metro, SoCal/SCAG/MTA etc. have many different and competing interests along with commuters...so it is a mess

We have many organizations, studies, and projects:
Ports of San Pedro (=Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach)
Inland Ports of Inland Empire (SanBernardino and Riverside)
High Desert Corridor (Northern Los Angeles County)
Mainline RRail - BNSF and UP + Alameda Corridor Transp.Authority + LOSSAN
   along with the Hobart Yard, SoCalInternational Gateway/BNSF, and Intermodal Container
   Transfer Facility/UPRR, and various others
We are doing grade separation under Alameda Corridor East
Caltrans with I-710 South Expansion and SR-710 North Extension + truck lanes and
    ExpressLanes (=HOToll) which need to reduce the mode mixes (=truck bans are
    coming)

Oh BTW, PoLA/LB forecast a tripling of containers over the next 20+ years, while we all have seen whats happening with fuel prices and the Panama Canal, not to make mention of the KSR and the Chinese WestMexican Coast Ports.......

We also have CalEnvQualAct which has a special category called - Segmentation or Piecemealing projects so that no one knows what is going on...

I always like to go thru the other state plans which always seem nice, neat, compact, and integrated...

Thanks for asking the question...

Tom