Greetings C&H’ers,

                I would like to propose that we get another trip scheduled this semester.  This one would be car camping in NW Georgia, a little place called Pigeon Mountain.  This has more stuff to do per square mile than any other place I’ve ever been.  The list of pleasantries includes but is not limited to:

1.       Caving/Spelunking

2.       Rock Climbing

3.       Bouldering

4.       Hiking

5.       Waterfall and wildflower gazing (several of them)

6.       Fishing

7.       And many many more.

Truly an oasis for the outdoor inclined.  I am thinking the weekend after spring break (March 25-27) would be a good time to head this one up.  One stipulation is that it will be Turkey season, so in order to not get shot at by a redneck we would have to stay in our camp till 10am each morning (I’m thinking this won’t be an issue).  I’ve already green lighted everything with the Georgia Wildlife Service so we are good there.  I will work with El Presidente to see if we can sponsor this thing.  Please email me back if you are interested so that I can populate a head count.  We will also get a sign up sheet going at meeting.  Details will follow in latter emails however here are some links so you can check the place out:

http://www.georgiaoutdoors.com/hiking_climbing/climbing1.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petty_John's_Cave

http://www.jjanthony.com/waterfalls/falls/pocketbranch.html

Cordially,