APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTINGS

Dear Colleagues

I have recently launched a blog on digital collaboration, particularly focussing on how multidisciplinary work can be made possible through increased collaboration and cooperation between the various disciplinary/professional groups that are involved in the creation of digital libraries, repositories and digitised cultural institutions.  One of the first hurdles to be overcome is to ensure that we all share the same understandings of what the various groups mean when they use certain terms: we need to speak the same language, or at the very least, ‘translate’ from one disciplinary ‘language game’ (as Wittgenstein might have put it) to another.

I would like to invite you all to have a look, and to comment as you see fit.  If you would like to write a post, please contact me at this address.

The more international the readership – and commentators! – are, the better, so I would much appreciate it if you could forward this email to interested parties in your language group.  There are translation facilities available at the blog, and its address is: digitalcollaboration.wordpress.com  .

All the best

Sue

Dr Susan Myburgh

School of Communication, International Studies and Languages

University of South Australia

St Bernard's Road

Magill SA 5076

ADELAIDE

P: 618 8302 4421

F: 618 8302 4745

E: [log in to unmask]

CRICOS Provider Number 00121B

The opinions expressed in this email are mine alone.  Only authorised signatories are competent to enter into agreements on behalf of the University and recipients are thus advised that the content of this email may not be legally binding on the University and may contain the personal views and opinions of the author, which are not necessarily the views and opinions of the University of South Australia.

This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information that may be confidential and/or copyright. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender by reply mail and immediately delete this email.  Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.  No representation is made this this email or any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient.