I think that no one has yet mentioned here the availability,
now, at
http://ondemand-mp3.dradio.de/file/dradio/2011/01/28/dlf_20110128_1915_6c6056fb.mp3
or
http://www.dradio.de/aod/?station=1&broadcast=727303&datum=20110128&playtime=1296238539&fileid=6c6056fb&sendung=727303&beitrag=1375687& ( Flash )
of an interesting discussion on what the value and the future of
the ( in particular, public ) library are in a networked world.
Participating are, among others, the Director General of the
National Library of Germany, Elisabeth Niggemann, and the
cultural editor of the highly respected newspaper Süddeutsche
Zeitung, Johan Schloemann ( who, incidentally, last year won
the "Publizistenpreis der deutschen Bibliotheken", I believe ).

It is of course in German, but clear and in general pretty easy
to follow, I think.

It's called "Das Kulturgespräch: Druckwerk oder Netzwerk -
Bibliotheken in der Krise", is from the Deutschlandfunk, and
was broadcast on the 28th of January this year.

Anyway, I'd recommend it as worth a listen. The questions
addressed should be a matter of great concern to library/
information educators, and of course to many others.

- Laval Hunsucker
  Breukelen, Nederland