The McConnell Center (School of Library & Information Science, University of Kentucky) would like to congratulate McConnell Conference past presenters on their 2011 ALA Youth Media Awards: John Green (Stonewall Honor, Will Grayson, Will Grayson with David Levithan), Pam Muñoz Ryan (Belpré Literature Award, The Dreamer), and George Ella Lyon (Schneider Family Book Award, The Pirate of Kindergarten).

The 43rd McConnell Conference is coming to the Embassy Suites Hotel (Lexington, KY) on February 25 & 26, 2011. The conference theme, featuring award-winning author/educator Sharon M. Draper as our banquet speaker, is Diverse Directions in Youth Literature. Our other featured presenters are award-winning author Matt de la Peña and award-winning illustrator Rafael Lòpez.

Registrations will be accepted through February 11, 2011, but please note that registration rates will increase on January 15, 2011. Reduced rates are available for students. Register today and save.

Apologies for cross-posting.

Stephanie D. Reynolds, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Coordinator, McConnell Center/Conference
Co-convener, YALSA Intellectual Freedom Interest Group
School of Library & Information Science
University of Kentucky
320 Little Library Building, Room 333
Lexington, KY 40506-0224

2011 McConnell Conference Info
Facebook: sdreynolds28
Dr. Reynolds' Student/Advisee Group on Facebook
The McConnell Center/Conference on Facebook
Twitter/GoogleTalk: youthlitprof; AIM: youthlitmatters; Skype: sdreynolds28