Drs. Jamshid Beheshti, Andrew Large, and Charles Cole of the School of Information Studies at McGill University have received a Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)  grant to investigate virtual environments as an intervention agent in the information seeking process of elementary school students.  The goal of the research is to use virtual environments (VEs) to assist students in their information seeking process when completing assigned school tasks.  We intend to use Kuhlthau’s ISP model as a conceptual framework to explore and assess the efficacy of VE interventions as elementary school students undertake a class project to support enquiry-based learning.  We anticipate that the research will contribute to a better understanding of a formal intervention in ISP, and to the use of a virtual environment as an intervention agent.   The School is now accepting applications for the doctoral studies in this area.

For more information on the Ph.D. Program at SIS, please consult our website:

http://www.mcgill.ca/sis/programs/phd/

Jamshid Beheshti, Ph.D.

Associate Professor

School of Information Studies