Dear jESSE Readers,

The ALISE Part-time and Adjunct Faculty SIG is trying to piece together
information about its founding, operations, and past activities. We
currently have a search of the ALISE Archives being conducted and through
a search of the jESSE Archives we have identified messages such as a call
for statements on the rights and responsibilities of adjuncts in LIS
programs, sent Fri, 15 Nov 1996 and the announcement of a luncheon meeting
during the Boston 2005 conference. In speaking with Dean Emertius, Miles
Jackson (University of Hawaii), he mentioned an ALISE meeting for adjuncts
held in the late 1980s.

If anyone on this list has been a part of these activities or has some
information to share, please either respond to me privately at
[log in to unmask] or please reply to this list. I can summarize private
messages and post the summary to this list if there is interest.

Many thanks in helping the ALISE Part-time and Adjunct Faculty SIG.

lp

Lorna Peterson