This is a job posting for a newly created position at Darlington School (a private school in Rome, GA—between Chattanooga and Atlanta). I have attended several conferences with Melinda Holmes, library director, and think the world of her. This, I would imagine, would be a really cool opportunity. Thought I would pass it along.

Hope you’re all well!

Katie Lantrip Archambault

SIS ‘03

(From the director-)

We have great news here at Darlington that I want to share with all of you….

Two years ago, our school built a fabulous new middle school building.  As part of the new construction, a middle school library was added.  The architect did a wonderful job creating an inviting library, and now we are in the process of looking for a special person to work as a middle school librarian in this new space.  We’re hoping to find an experienced middle school librarian who not only knows but loves young adult literature.  We are also hoping that this person will bring with them a plethora of middle school library knowledge that will launch our new middle school library program into the 21st century.

If you are the perfect person OR you know of someone else who is a fantastic middle school librarian looking for a change of venue, please contact our human resources manager.

Here is the link to our school’s website:

http://www.darlingtonschool.org/about/employment.aspx

Here’s the job description:

Middle School Librarian

Darlington School seeks a qualified candidate to be the Middle School Librarian who is committed to providing a child-centered learning environment that fosters creativity and encourages critical thinking and problem solving. Demonstrated experience in libraries and information literacy settings in a competitive, college preparatory or university setting is a must. This position will have the unique opportunity to work with the Library Services Department to grow and develop strong, child-centered library programs at all school levels. Candidates should be of the highest character and integrity and should be willing to commit to strengthening the programs and policies of Darlington School.

Responsibilities

Qualifications

The ideal candidate will have the following experiences and/or qualifications:

Send or email a cover letter, a résumé, and a personal statement to:

Jennifer Zickafoose

Human Resources Manager
Darlington School
1014 Cave Spring Road, Rome, Georgia 30161

Melinda Holmes

Director of Library Services, Darlington School

Treasurer, Association of Independent School Librarians (AISL)

(706)236-0465

(706) 236-0456 (fax)

www.darlingtonschool.org

Katie Archambault