Forwarded to Club Geography for Carol Harden.

K.B.

Dear Professor Harden,

I hope you'll indulge a short, out-of-the-blue email.  I'm the
Admissions Director of the most selective teacher prep program in the
nation (even more so than Teach For America).  The program is called
MATCH Teacher Residency, in Boston.  Basically, we give recent college
graduates one year of incredibly intense training designed to make them
unusually effective rookie teachers.  We then help them find positions
in high-need schools, and continue to support them as they begin their
careers in the classroom.

All the info is here: http://www.matchschool.org/matchcorps/teacher.htm
<http://www.matchschool.org/matchcorps/teacher.htm>

I hate to bug you since we don't know one another, but I have a simple
request that seems win-win if indeed you help one of your students find
just the "right" opportunity upon graduation: Do you know a few senior
Geography majors who might want to teach in the inner-city, and who have
demonstrated unusual grit and determination?  If so, could you please
send me their emails, or perhaps forward this along to them?

If you can reply with any contact information or suggestions, I'd be
really grateful and send you all the positive karma I have.

Best wishes,

Colin Bottles

http://www.matchschool.org <http://www.matchschool.org/>