From: Chancellor Jimmy G Cheek [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 9:45 AM
To: Chancellor Jimmy G Cheek
Subject: Join us for Commemorative Walk on Tues, Jan. 11

Jan. 4, 2011

To: All UT Faculty and Staff
From: Chancellor Jimmy G. Cheek

Welcome back to campus. Today marks the 50th anniversary of
African-American undergraduates at the University of Tennessee,
Knoxville. Before we all get busy with the start of classes, I want to
remind you that we'll begin a yearlong celebration of this anniversary
soon.

We'll commemorate this important anniversary all year with special
events and speakers, starting with a kickoff event at 10:30 a.m. on
Tuesday, Jan. 11 (please note this time change to 10:30 a.m. from 11:30
a.m.). In tribute to these students' brave walk to integrate UT, we will
march from the Torchbearer statue to Ayres Hall. A celebration on the
Hill will follow with special guest, Olympian and UT alumna, Benita
Fitzgerald-Mosley.

If you need further information on the kickoff event or the celebration,
please contact Charles Houston (974-3011) or Annazette Houston
(974-6087) or e-mail [log in to unmask]

We hope that you will take the opportunity to join us in the walk and
kickoff event.

To view the CAMPCOMM archives or Join/Leave the list:
http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/campcomm.html