What do you mean by "Kindle library"?  I don't understand what your friend means. Amazon does not run a lending library.  Perhaps your friend does not understand licensed content.

If your friend  means books for sale (or in the case of Kindle documents,  it's actually  the access that is for sale. It's licensed content),  vendors add and remove works all of the time. Look at what happens with online access licensing  to journals!

If your friend  means books which people have "purchased" and downloaded to their personal devices,  Amazon removed only one title from personal devices (the publisher did not have the right to publish the work)  a year or so ago ...  then regretted the decision and reassured customers that they would never again remove titles from personal devices.  We had that work on one of our Kindles  -- actually a collection of works by a single author -- on our access account and Amazon refunded the fee and gave us a legal copy of the work.     As far as I know  -- and I read Kindle blogs daily --  that has never happened again.

On my Kindle device I  currently have works "purchased"  (or downloaded for free) through Amazon and works purchased (or downloaded for free) through other entities.   In the case of works from Amazon,  Amazon provides a back-up archive so that I can  download it to any other device - Kindle, computer, handheld, whatever, which I have registered to my Kindle account ... including  any new device I might get in the future.   On the 2008 Kindle, the memory was small enough that it sometimes made sense to download a book, then delete it to save space and perhaps download it again in the future.  That's not necessary on the newer Kindles.

If I understand what your friend is saying below, s/he is saying that Amazon removed the "additional access"(archive) feature for these books. If people bought them and downloaded them to their own Kindle or other device, they still have them.  Amazon does not control that.  If they want to move them from one device to another without using the archive feature, then can transfer them via a USB cable.  I often  transfer files  I want to print out (mostly clippings of recipes from the New York Times).

"Spreading the word" sounds to me like starting a rumor that is based on the library lending model for print works rather than the online access license model Amazon provides for Kindles and many other devices (including my laptop).

Thanks for checking.

Michelynn McKnight

PS As for erotica,  there are plenty available through Amazon and other sources.