Carrie -

I havent heard about those particular titles, but Amazon does remove titles
with certain content from its rankings (see
http://dearauthor.com/wordpress/2009/04/12/amazon-censors-its-rankings-search-results-to-protect-us-against-glbt-books/and
more recent coverage here:
http://www.teleread.com/ebooks/amazon-removes-incest-related-erotica-titles-from-store-kindle-archive/).
The most recent hullaballoo is that they also recently pulled a book on
pedophilia due to internet outcry (see here:
http://techcrunch.com/2010/11/10/amazon-pedophile/).

Just goes to show no matter how big they are or how much info they provide
us, corporations are still acting based on profit margins and public
opinion. Once amazon starts removing materials deemed "offensive," where do
they stop?

Colleen S. Harris
Head of Access Services
university of Tennessee at Chattanooga

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 10:26 PM, Carrie Gardner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> I just received this from a school librarian in PA.  I HAVE not verified
> anything.  Does anyone know anything about this?
>
> Carrie Gardner
> at large
>
> **
> Amazon has begun banning erotica books.
>
> The first line of fire seems to be incest titles. My books, Back to the
> Garden, Naughty Bits and Under Mr. Nolan's Bed have been removed from
> the Kindle store. (The print version of Back to the Garden, published
> through CreateSpace, an Amazon company, has also been removed).
>
> Jess Scott and Esmerelda Green have also had books with an incest theme
> recently banned from the site. All of them, incidentally, high in the
> rankings and in visibility.
>
> Amazon has also removed these books from people's Kindle archives,
> without warning or explanation. If you have purchased any of these
> titles through Amazon Kindle, please go demand a refund. You are
> entitled to one.
>
> Also, if you can spread the word, that would be helpful. I am obviously
> fighting this, but the more public outcry the better.
>
> You can post on Amazon's board about it here (as long as they don't
> delete the thread):
>
> http://www.amazon.com/tag/kindle/forum/ref=cm_cd_ttp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding\
> =UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdThread=Tx2QG9BWA19KO4O&displayType=tagsDe\
> tail<http://www.amazon.com/tag/kindle/forum/ref=cm_cd_ttp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdThread=Tx2QG9BWA19KO4O&displayType=tagsDetail>
>
> You can also tweet it here: #amazoncensors
>
> Utilize whatever you can - Facebook, Twitter, etc.
>
> Your help is much appreciated!
>
> Jeff's Bezos direct address (head of Amazon)
>
> ff Bezos
> Amazon.com, Inc.
> 1200 12th Ave, Suite 1200
> Seattle, WA 98122
>
> Executive Customer Relations:
> [log in to unmask] <ecr%40amazon.com>
>
> and all the members on the board of directors:
> http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=97664&p=irol-govmanage
>
> -Selena Kitt
>
> Posted by Carrie Gardner

Libraries:  The medicine chest of the soul.

~Library at Thebes, inscription over the door