Hi Mary Ann -
When we had both Harvey (Assistant Dean) and me (Assistant Director) in my office, I did the AA and statistical parts, as well as helped with the other employment elements of the Civil Rights Reviews.  I continue that role now in our "combined" job of Assistant Dean (abolished the Assistant Director job I previously held), and we have always had and continue to have a staff position that does recruitment (attends fairs, does outreach to academic programs, etc,) for County Operations/field faculty positions, and such.  And, additionally, our college has an Assistant Dean for Diversity (reports directly to the Dean, not through me/HR), who handles matters related to student and (mostly on-campus) faculty recruitment, climate, and retention issues.

So, these areas are divvied up in a variety of positions for us at NC State University.  If you want any specifics on salaries/job descriptions on these, let me know and I will send them.

Thanks!
Sheri

Sheri L. Schwab, J.D., M.Ed.
Assistant Dean for Personnel
College of Agriculture & Life Sciences, NC State University

>>> "Morgan,Mary A" <[log in to unmask]> 11/30/2010 1:32 PM >>>

Friends, I need your help.  In response to our recent Civil Rights Review, I feel my office needs to resurrect a position we gave up as a result of budget cuts in 2008.  We had an Assistant Director, Human Resources position that worked with faculty recruitment (Extension, Teaching and Research positions) and with affirmative action issues and programs – including recruiting minorities, attending job fairs, conducting statistical analyses, etc.  It would help me tremendously to know if you have such a position, the position description, title and salary.  I will need to lobby hard to get this position back.  Thanks!

Mary Anne Morgan

Director

IFAS Human Resources

2038 McCarty Hall