Dear Friends,

As you think about your end-of-the-year giving, we hope that you will consider
the Baker Center!!

http://bakercenter.utk.edu/support/

Since early 2003 the Howard H. Baker Jr. Center for Public Policy has been
working to provide policy makers, citizens, scholars, and students with
information and skills to work effectively within our political system.  We seek
to embody the values of our namesake, Howard Baker, Jr. who epitomizes
bipartisanship, civility, and a belief in the value of compromise.  Baker was
known during his career as, “The Great Reconciliator” for his ability to cross
party lines and encourage lawmakers to cooperate on key issues affecting the
public good and believed that “Politics is an honorable profession and should
always remain in the hands of its citizens.”  At the Baker Center we are
dedicated to promoting and understanding the responsibilities and rewards of
public service and the importance of each citizen’s active involvement in the
democratic process.  We are also dedicated to producing high quality research,
conferences, and public lectures in the policy areas of governance studies;
energy and environment; global security and health care that reflect these
values.  Additionally, we are committed to providing unique research and other
learning opportunities to the students at the university through our many
student engagement programs.  We hope that you agree that the Baker Center
is a great resource to both the UT campus and the community as a whole and,
thus, will consider contributing to our center so that we may continue to
provide the sorts of programming and opportunities presented.  Your
contributions at any and all levels are essential to our continued success and
are greatly appreciated.

http://bakercenter.utk.edu/support/

We thank you in advance for joining us in supporting the students, and the
programming at Howard H. Baker Jr. Center for Public Policy.