This week's Junior Colloquium speaker is Dr. Sara DelValle from Los Almos
National Laboratory. She will talk about some of the many things you can
do with mathematics background. If you're still wondering what you might
do after graduation--or if you just want to know how math is used in the
real world, this is a good talk to go to. Don't forget pizza in Aconda 113
before the JC.

TIME: 3:35 – 4:25 pm
ROOM: HBB 102
SPEAKER: Dr. Sara DelValle, Los Alamos National Laboratory
TITLE: "Great Careers in the Mathematical Sciences"
ABSTRACT: Applied mathematics and computational science have become
essential tools in the development of advances in science and technology.
In this talk, I will discuss different mathematical applications used in
transportation, infectious diseases, and economic modeling. I will also
describe some universal distinguishing traits of good career choices that
can guide your decisions and increase your chances of having a great
career.

Conrad Plaut
Professor, Director of UT Math Honors
Math Department