Hey, Jim, awhile ago, I proposed that UCLA would make more money as a minimum-security prison because 2400 prison guards made more than $100,000 in 2007/08!

JRjr

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Lib/Info Sci Education Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of James H Sweetland
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 6:20 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Putting a Price on Professors

I once got in fairly serious trouble in a discussion along similar lines suggesting that evidence implied the university would make a lot more money as a combination fine dining restaurant/lounge and a high end bawdy house.  That was intended in part as a joke, but it seems we are getting very close to that reasoning in real life.

(opinions as usual mine alone, and not that of my part time employers)