Wayne Wiegand said at an ALISE meeting some years back (I'm doing this from
memory, so apologies if I have screwed it up) something to the effect that
Mayor Daley knows that if he wants to revitalize a neighborhood one good thing
is to put a branch library there. He doesn't know why it works, it just
does....

Apparently the school system is not paying attention to the Mayor.

Charley Seavey
The Professor
Ranganathan said it all!